5 Reasons why Tarun Tahiliani’s Chikankari Collection is LOVE!
Tarun Tahiliani and I are similar in many ways. We are Sindhis, plump and have an eternal love for the timeless chikankari. There is some undeniable magic in this 400-year-old embroidery style. The designer is smitten with chikankari and often features the Lucknowi embroidery in his couture. He recently launched some lehengas, sherwanis and anarkalis in chikankari and I absolutely love it! “Our love affair with chikankari started 20 years back on a random visit to Lucknow. Apparently, fashioned into an artwork by Noor Jahan. This technique feels like a second skin and in the last two decades, it has been like two evolutions.” says the designer on a detailed Instagram post. Presenting to you, Tarun Tahiliani’s chikankari collection in soft hues-
1. Tahiliani praises this lehenga with tonal embroidery which is accentuated with glimmering Swarovski crystals
2. Weightless chikankari kurta in delicate blush hue
3. Chikankari kalidar Anarkali highlighted with mukaish and fringe detailing
4. Tone-on-tone fitted chikankari sherwani
5. Elegant chikankari kurta in subtle lavender notes
Sigh! If only I could get my hands on these outfits!