7 Rakshabandhan Gift Ideas for your Beloved Sister
“She used to pull my hair, refused to take me out with her friends, ate my share of mithai on every occasion and gave her everyday share of milk to me, never let me enter her room, fought for the remote every evening after school; but, now that she is married I miss her the most. I would give anything to have her come and tie a rakhi around my wrist, pinch my nose and say, “Oye, badi behen ko gift nahi dega?”
Brother-sister rivalry or ‘nok-jhok’ is what makes the quintessential childhood of an individual both exciting and memorable. And, one of the fondest memories that a brother and sister share is that of the custom of Rakshabandhan which translates to ‘Protection Bond’. It witnesses sisters tying a sacred thread or rakhi around their brother’s wrist, indirectly demanding that their brother(s) protect them in times of need. This is followed by a small puja and the siblings feed each other sweets.
The most exciting part of this custom for most sisters is that they receive a gift from their brother(s). Although the quintessential mithai and dry fruit platters have been replaced to a great extent by trending items, gifts will always occupy a special place in this custom.
Here’s a list of gifts you could choose from for your beloved sister this rakshabandhan:
1. Lighten up your sister’s life (literally) with this cute and decorative lightbox.
2. ‘I have enough makeup.’ – said no woman ever. This is reason enough to pamper your sister with some trending makeup on this Rakshabandhan.
3. ‘Kuch meetha ho jaaye.’
How about treating your behena to some assorted premium mini bite-sized cakes!
4. Well, if she likes chocolates, then chocolates it is!
5. There is no better gift than a bottle of her favourite perfume.
6. You can gift her a t-shirt and you both could be ‘twinning’ on your next outing.
7. How about gifting her a classic, feminine and pretty bag like this one? I bet, not many women can refuse a nice-looking handbag ;-).
Images source: Pinterest
So, boys, get ready to splurge on your sisters!