The history of henna (mehendi) dates back to aeons of centuries ago. From being a cooling agent of the skin to occupying a symbolic place in Hindu and Islamic marriage customs, the mehendi has traversed quite a journey! And as you get geared to undertake your own nuptial journey, this mehendi adds a stunning spark to your D Day. Folklore has it that the colour of henna depicts the depth of love between the couple. Good health, prosperity, and guidance are also taken to be some of its representations.
As we understand the mehendi stands for much more beyond beauty, we bring to you a lovely list of intricate mehendi designs that blend mesmerizing motifs with meaning. Take a look:
1. For those who like it sublime and subtle!
Image Source Henna by Divya
2. Cheers to new beginnings with these bird motifs depicting freedom and change!
Image Source Shilpa Ahuja
3. Quirky, cool and candid feet are the best!
Image Source Alankritaa by Rashi
4. Who does not want to be captured in this stunning jaali bait?
Image Source- Shaadi Dukaan
5. The best strategy is Divide and Bloom!
Image Source Henna for All
6. The lure of lace motifs are for sure real!
Image Source Sam Henna Arts
7. When the mood is intricately carved lotus!
Image Source Bharathi Sanghani Mehndi
8. Dazzling Detail Alert!
Image Source Henna by Pallavi
9. A henna-ode to those cherished coffee dates!
Image Source Sensod
10. Ready for your Big Fat Indian wedding?
Image Source Anjali Henna
Here’s hoping that this list stimulates your imagination and you have it handy for choosing the perfect intricate mehendi design for you. Stop all and save it now!