10 Retro Songs for a sangeet performance that people will never forget!
Do your parents rave about the songs they grew up listening to? D0 they constantly remind you that the hindi songs that you listen to now are complete trash? Well, I am here to tell you that they are absolutely right! Old Hindi songs are pure gold (come fight me!) Nobody can beat Lata Mangeshkar, Kishore Kumar, Mohammad Rafi, R.D Burman, Mukesh, Asha Bhosle, Bappi Lahiri and many more when it comes to creating soulful music that hits the right note even today!
You know what everyone loves? A retro themed sangeet! So why don’t you dance on some, if not all, old bollywood songs that will never go out of style?
1. Jaane Kahan Mera Jigar Gaya Ji- Is it the right time to ask this question tho?
2. Meri Soni, Meri Tamanna- Apologizing beforehand for all those mistakes that you are going to make as a husband!
3. Ek Chatur Naar- Isn’t love all about heaps of praises?
4. Gore Rang Pe- Subtly asking her to keep it in check!
5. Aajkal Tere Mere- Charche hone ke wajah se toh shaadi ho rahi hai 😛
6. Kajra Mohabbat Wala- finally one song where both the parties declare their love without any chasing!
7. Yeh Chand Sa Roshan Chehra- Go make Rafi proud with this one!
8. Jahan Teri Yeh Nazar Hai- If you listen to this song properly, you’ll realise this song perfectly describes a marriage in a comic sense!
10. Mere Sapno ki Rani- Abh toh chali aa..ooo!
These evergreen songs definitely deserve a spot on your sangeet playlist!