12 Brides who prove that South Indian wedding couture is the best!
Do you remember that Tanishq ad about a Punjabi family out shopping for their daughter’s wedding jewellery? The granny peeps at another bride to be shopping there and is enamoured by the typical south Indian jewellery that she tries. She then chides her granddaughter for marrying a Punjabi, missing out on dressing up in a fine kanjivaram saree and wearing beautiful temple jewellery! Such is the charm of the south Indian wedding couture, even Punjabis get enchanted by it!
Here is a list of the most beautiful South Indian brides who left me awestruck with their south Indian wedding couture!
1. Akshera wore a grapefruit orange silk kanjeevaram and kept it simple with her jewellery.
Image source: Movie’ing Moments
2. Anisha’s look in a red kanjivaram saree is spellbinding!
Image source: Rolling Canvas Presentations
2. This bride’s pink kanjivaram saree with a long temple necklace and a thick gold kamarband became quite popular, for the right reasons!
Image source: Naman Verma Photography
4. This bride kept it simple with the saree and jewellery. Just look at that white floral bun!
Image source: Styles by Asha
5. The red carpet look!
Image source: Chocolate Box
6. Another bride who broke the internet with her minimal jewellery and stunning white and gold saree!
Image source: Gaurav Hingne
7. Once you’ve lifted your eyes from the jaimala, just look at how happy the bride is!
Image source: Light Bucket Productions
8. Palak, a punjabi bride got married to her south indian lover boy, Dhruv. She chose the best of both worlds and incorporated the two cultures in her bridal look!
Image source: Shades
9. Loving the matha patti worn by this bride!
Image source: Stories from Weva
10. Deepika Padukone’s look for her Konkani wedding is unforgettable!
Image source: Errikos Andreou
11. Bright orange kanjivarams are my favourite!
Image source: Stories by Joseph Radhik
12. This bride completed her classic saree with kamarband and some unique jewellery!
Image source: Vijay Eesam & Co.
If this doesn’t convince you that I am a huge fan of kanjivaram sarees and temple jewellery, I’ll let you know that my sisters and I wore kanjivaram sarees to our brother’s very very Sindhi wedding!