#27YearsOfSRK – 8 Types of Lovers Shahrukh Khan Portrayed that We Loved
“Mere khwabon mein jo aaye, aake mujhe chedh jaaye. Usse kaho kabhi saamne toh aaye…”
Yes, this song of the blockbuster movie DDLJ, truly depicts the feelings I have for the man who has won a billion hearts, the man who has been one of the pillars of Indian cinema and the man who is synonymous with love and romance.
Are you even a true fan if you still cannot figure out who I am talking about? 😛
Today, our very own SRK/King Khan/Badshah completes 27 super-successful years of acting and I cannot cannot cannot keep calm!
I remember I was just three years old when I caught a glimpse of him for the very first time and I pointed out to him and told my mum “Look, that’s Yes Boss (Yess Boss had released recently). I want to marry him.” Well, more than two decades have passed, but this feeling of mine has not worn off even slightly, in fact my love for him as only grown…
I am sure many of y’all have dreamt about being with him, romanticised marrying him, were caught in class day-dreaming about how enigmatic he is and prayed for the man of your life to have at least 0.0000001 of his personality. This superstar has given us a cartload of Blockbusters; reasons to smile, to laugh, to love and romance.
Since today is a special day for him, for Bollywood and for all his fans across the globe, I thought I would take the opportunity to give him an ode, a chance for all his fans (especially female fans) to walk down memory lane and take a glimpse of each time they wanted (or did not want) their lover to be like SRK:
1. The obsessive, over-possessive and insecure lover, wanted nothing but to control his love interest.
2. The doting lover, who would melt your heart with all the efforts he took to woo his lady love.
3. The suspicious, over-protective and quarrelling lover who couldn’t stop spying on his wife.
4. The sacrificing, ever-giving and selfless lover who wanted nothing but his love interest’s happiness!
5. The hen-pecked or Joru ka Gulam husband.
6. The funny, quirky and chilled-out lover who did nothing but landed up in trouble.
7. The ever-innocent, child-like, lover who had nothing to offer but his pure, unconditional love for his partner.
8. The lover who was resilient and ready to fight all odds to ensure his loved one is happy, content and unharmed.
That’s it! I am all nostalgic and teary-eyed and I am sure you are too. Time to plug in my earphones and listen to, “Mere khwabon mein jo aaye…”