28 Questions You Should Ask Your DJ before Hiring Him
Music is an integral part of your wedding celebrations- it can make or break the vibe of your wedding functions. It is imperative to choose a DJ or a band who can ensure guests are entertained throughout and they shake a leg on the dance floor, rather than sitting bored.
Form the cocktail and sangeet to the last dance at the reception, good music is a necessity! While you may have a host of questions ready to shoot at your vendors like makeup artists, hairstylists, and decorators, it is essential that you also keep a list of questions handy, which you should be asking your DJ.
Here are some of the questions you could consider asking them:
1. Is my wedding date available and are you free at the desired time?
2. How long have you been performing at events for?
3. Approximately how many weddings have you performed at?
4. Will you be heading the team/band at the wedding?
5. How many members will be accompanying you?
6. Could you give me contact details of couples for whom you have performed recently for reference?
7. Do you provide other services, for example, a photo booth?
Music and Style
8. What is your style?
9. Do you have some original sons of yours we van listen to? (optional)
10. What all genres do you cover? How extensive is your list of songs?
11. Do you have a separate list to play at weddings?
12. Do you act as emcee as well?
13. Do you take requests from guests
14. Can we provide you with a list of songs you shouldn’t play at the wedding?
Payment and Pricing
15. Do you charge according to an hourly/daily basis?
16. What is the breakdown of the rate?
17. Are there any hidden costs, for example, travel expenditure?
18. Will there be a written contract for the same?
19. How much do you charge for extra hours?
20. What is your refund or cancellation policy?
21. How much advance do we have to need to give you?
22. How will you carry the equipment to the venue?
23. What kind of space or stage do you need?
24. How much time will you require for the entire setup prior to the event?
25. What will you be wearing to the wedding?
26. Will all your team members be requiring a meal?
27. Is there anything we haven’t spoken about?
28. Do you have any questions for us?
I am sure by now y’all are prepared to hire a suitable DJ and groove to your favourite songs!