5 Brides Who Borrowed Something from their Mum’s Closet
Since I was a tiny chub ball, I have been obsessed with my mum’s wardrobe (more than I was obsessed with her.) I wanted everything she had- her clothes, her jewellery, her makeup and her bags. Scratch that, I still want everything from her closet! I think it is safe to say that many women feel the way I do. You know what would be a good idea? Borrowing a special something from your mum’s wardrobe as a part of your bridal ensemble! Trust me- you’ll love it cause then that ensemble becomes dearer and near to the heart. These five brides are quite like me- they borrowed a beautiful garment from their mothers and gave their wedding ensemble a special touch!
1. Pernia Qureshi’s red farshi gharara was originally stitched by her Nani for her mother, and now it was redone by House of Kotwara for her reception
2. Isha Ambani paired her mum Neeta Ambani’s Panetar as a dupatta with her wedding lehenga
Outfit: Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla
3. Kareena Kapoor Khan wore her mother-in-law’s wedding lehenga
Outfit: Ritu Kumar
4. Wedding planner Devika Narain wore her mother’s lehenga, her grandmother’s earrings and her great grandmother’s choker
Image source: Devika Narain
5. Radhika Apte wore her grandmother’s saree for her nuptials. Couldn’ get my hands on her wedding pictures but here is a picture of Radhika Apte with her aaji-
Image source: Radhika Apte
For all you know, this ‘something borrowed’ can bring you all the good luck that you need!