5 Nehru Jacket Ideas for Grooms and Groomsmen
Nehru Jacket is a sleeveless coat or jacket, mostly worn by men. It has a Mandarin collar and a button placket resembling the typical Achkan, Sherwani or Bandhgala designs. As the name suggests, the Nehru jacket was commonly worn by the first Prime Minister of Independent India, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
Even today, the style remains a popular choice for grooms and groomsmen to sport at an Indian wedding. There are many fabrics and prints to choose from but here are 5 examples that will score you some points in the fashion sprint:
1. Vibrant colours are in so don’t hesitate in sporting pretty shades like coral, rust pink, eggshell blue, etc.
Image Source: Pinterest
2. How about some sparkle by adding mirrors on your Nehru jacket?
Image Source: Hitched & Clicked
3. A simple gold Nehru jacket goes a long way, especially when paired with neutral colours like white or black.
Image Source: Anita Dongre
4. Florals are not just for women! Men too can sport the print with a floral Nehru jacket paired with a plain kurta!
Image Source: The Royal Affair
5. If you are bold enough, you can go all out and basically get an entire scenery embroidered on your Nehru jacket!
Image Source: Rahul Mishra
What’s your favourite of the 5? Let us know in the comments below!