The jaimala or varmala ceremony is an integral part of most Indian marriage customs. This garland exchange is now a fun affair with loads of banter and cheering from both the bride and groom sides. Besides they also make for some stunning photo ops. Hence it is important to get this bit right. Most likely even your timeless marriage portrait that you will frame will end up being one with jaimalas on!
Many couples even choose to coordinate or contrast their outfits to their wedding garland. And with a range of jaimalas available today in varied materials and colours, you can certainly end up looking like the timeless couple you’ve envisioned for both. We’ve put together eight interesting garlands for you to take inspiration from. Take a look at these below:
1. The beauty of hand-picked flowers and rustic leaves jaimala!
Image Source The Lightsmiths
2. Nailing the ‘Traditional to the T’ look with this vibrant bunch!
Image Source Shotsbyvyjin
3. Soothing shades and scented flower jaimalas evoke magic too!
Image Source Dipak Studios
4. These pristine white rose garlands sure cast a spell!
Image Source Diamond’s Edge Photography
5. Decorative flower jaimalas never go out of fashion
Image Source Thepicturepatchindia
6. Dreamy in radiant red roses garland!
Image Source Gautam Khullar Photography
7. When dried leaves and fresh flowers weaved a pleasant garland story!
Image Source Corygoldbergphotography
8. Leaves all the way in this lush and refreshing jaimala pair!
Image Source Moonwedlock
So folks, these were our top eight, which one are you zeroing down on?