Anita Dongre’s FW’19 Collection Jaipur Love is Flawless!
It is no secret that I am a Anita Dongre fan. Naturally, when she started to post pictures of the Fall Winter’19 Collection, I was more excited than a toddler on an ice-cream day! Everyday I’d squeal with joy and talk about her brilliant lehengas/sherwanis for hours (no, I am not a creep.) Named as Jaipur Love, the collection is a true reflection of Anita Dongre. She has experimented with new colours such as violet and lime green and at the same time given them her personal touch. The pretty pinks and the bright reds are an absolute delight!
Jaipur has always been a source of inspiration for Dongre. Her signature gota patti work is heavily influenced by Rajasthan. She introduced her new collection on her Instagram page and wrote, “In Jaipur, modernity has not entirely managed to erode the glory of a rich and vibrant heritage, a past filled with princesses and palaces, brave warriors and great loves from an era gone by. Walking through the streets of the city, one can believe the legends of great love stories like Dhola Maru, which have withstood the test of time and inspire us to fall in love all over again.”
I assure you, you will not be disappointed if you scroll down!
1. The lovely vivid violet set will brighten up your day!
2. Cheekily described as ‘at first blush’, this range emphasises on intricate zardosi work.
3. Anita Dongre is slowly venturing into brighter colours and this lime green collection is a proof. The wildflower motifs and Banarasi weave does justice!
4. The cream set is easily one of my favourites. Detailed zari work and the subtle colour win the show! Don’ t forget to take a look at the kamarbandh.
5. The red card explores with floral and elephant prints, zari and sequins work.
6. The beige ‘Nandini Lehenga’ is printed with floral motifs and paired with a pure silk dupatta.
8. The fuschia lehenga with silver thread work is an eyecatcher!
What are your thoughts on the excellent Jaipur Love?