Anita Dongre’s Winter Velvet Collection has Our Attention!
In India, it is peak wedding season in the months of November-January. And barring Bombay, it is really cold during those months! You know what winters call for? A velvet ensemble that is chic, elegant and keeps you warm at the same time. It is a misnomer to think that velvets are bulky and dowdy, at least not anymore! Now that we are talking about velvet outfits, let’s talk about my absolute favourite Anita Dongre’s “winter velvets”. It’s rich, opulent and one can hardly take their eyes off the breathtaking outfits! See for yourself if you don’t believe me-
1. An olive green velvet lehenga with zari work, pearls and sequins
2. This 50’s inspired cocktail dress with an embroidered bodice is one of my favourites
3. An opulent emerald lehenga adorned with zari, sequins and pearls
4. A wine set with gota patti, dori, pearl, zardosi, cut dana and sequins work
5. A heavily embroidered velvet jacket when paired with a skirt will look stunning!
6. A lovely plum velvet salwar set with handcrafted gota patti
7. A deep wine hued lehenga with intricate zari work
8. I love this emerald long jacket with a front slit paired with a sharara pants
9. This contemporary lehenga paired with a short kurti was also worn by Mira Rajput once
10. Finally, a pair of velvet mules with embroidered elephants and sequins
Go ahead and don a beautiful velvet ensemble!