Chikankari Lehenga is a breath of fresh air this summer wedding season!
I remember when I was six my mother was talking over the phone describing her kurti, saying “It is a chikan kurta.” Can you imagine a poor child’s confusion? I fell in love with chikankari the very instant my mum showed me her kurta. My wardrobe has at least 6-7 such outfits. The delicate, hand woven embroidery is a speciality of Lucknow. The intricate thread work has its own old school charm with a touch of contemporary hues.
As a big fan of chikankari, I was over the moon when I learned brides are now flirting with chikankari lehengas! Let’s take a trip down Lucknow’s lanes to enrich ourselves with chikankari ensembles!
1. I am floored by this bride’s choice of wearing a purple chikankari lehenga for her sangeet!
Image source: Design Aqua Studio
2. White and chikankari design has a special connection and this lehenga proves it!
Image source: Chocolate Box Photography
3. House of Kotwara’s muse, Sushmita Sen looks like royalty in this stunning ivory chikankari lehenga!
Image source: House of Kotwara
4. Beating the summer blues!
Image source: Bride & Baraat
5. This bride and her family wore chikankari outfits for her engagement ceremony. Seems perfect for a summer afternoon!
Image source: Darshan Sethi
Lehenga by: Anjul Bhandari
6. A dual-toned chikankari lehenga with intricate embroidery is a people’s pleaser!
Lehenga by: Sumona Couture
7. Love it when designers like Tarun Tahiliani dabble with chikankari!
Image source: Tarun Tahiliani
8. This dusty lilac chikankari lehenga is definitely making its way to my wardrobe!
Image source: Shaline Vakkalagadda
9. Pastel chikankari lehengas have a special place in my heart!
Image source: Anjul Bhandari
10. Ending the blog with this alluring beige lehenga!
Image source: Bhumika Grover
Brides, give chikankari lehengas a chance!