Gaurav Gupta’s Winter 2019 Collection is Flawless!
When I first saw a gown by Gaurav Gupta, I was taken aback and pleasantly so. The elegant silhouette, the mermaid shape of the gown and the inspiration drawn from ocean waves stunned me. Known as the undisputed king of ruffles, Gaurav Gupta has bestowed us with yet another brilliant collection. It is called ‘Undercurrent’ and is a reflection of his fascination with undulating waves of the ocean that flow fiercely and rhythmically. Exaggerated waves have been engineered in ruffles, cascades and drapes and also with organza. It consists of lehengas, tiered gowns and pantsuits.
1. Influencer Diipa Khosla walked down the ramp for GG and looked ethereal in this white lehenga
2. Actress Diana Penty also walked the ramp for him in the extravagant grey gown
3. An ivory chikankari lehenga paired with an off-shoulder blouse with delicate pearls and beads embroidered all over it
4. A magnificent red foliage gown
5. Parallel pants with a billowy cape in a lovely lilac shade
6. A classic GG Gown with beads and sequins in violet
7.The Blush Pink Swirl Sculpture Gown
8. The Nude Pink Embroidered Gown with a detachable multi-layered bustle
An evolution of his signature silhouettes, Gaurav Gupta’s new collection is truly superb!
Image source: Gaurav Gupta