J.J Valaya just launched his Autumn Bridal Wear Collection & We Can’t Keep Calm!
When one talks about Indian couture and bridal wear, one simply doesn’t forget J.J Valaya’s name. He is the OG couturier after all! After taking a three year-long hiatus, the designer is back with a bang. He recently launched his Autumn-Winter Collection and as usual, his work is drop dead gorgeous! Rich fabrics, deep hues (and some new shades), oxidised metallic work and hand crafted embroidery are an evident part of his new collection. Inspired by a mystical Persia from the 16th to 19th century, the collection is titled Tabriz. It is a love affair, an ode to arts and crafts of that region. J.J Valaya once said that bridal couture should be timeless and Tabriz proves it! Brides, one look at this rich collection and you’ll be floored!
1. Velvet jacket worn with a sari in a new shade, Nugray (nude + grey) and with the new Valaya Phoenix belt.
2. Matka silk sherwani with gunmetal and bead work.
3. Intricately embroidered evening jacket paired with an embroidered flared skirt with antique metallic detailing.
4. A ‘Nugrey’ peplum jacket top worn over JJ Valaya’s signature inverted layers skirt. The set is hand embroidered with tulle layers and oxidised metal work.
5. A angrakha style sherwani with floral embroidery
6. Brown sherwani and churidar paired with a pale Nehru jacket
8. Flared kurta in their signature print with oxidised metal work and nomadic embroideries
9. A printed sari worn over an antique brocade churidar
Classic and timeless, J.J Valaya’s latest collection is an absolute winner!