Navratri #Day2: White Outfit Inspiration for Brides and Bridesmaids
Navratri, a Hindu festival, is celebrated for a period of nine days, marking the triumph of good over evil. The festival honours the nine avatars or forms of Hindu Goddess, Durga. For each day of the festival, there is an auspicious colour, dedicated to a particular Goddess, and people usually adhere to the same.
In honour of the Goddess Skandmata, people flaunt white outfits on the second day of Navratri. The Devi holding her baby in her lap is a mark of purity and a mother’s unconditional love. It also symbolizes peace, devotion and prayer of the devotees towards her. Keeping this in mind, I am bringing to you white outfit inspiration, especially for brides and bridesmaids.
Here is a list of white outfits you should consider if you are in love with the colour:
Sonakshi Sinha looks like a million bucks in Anita Dongre’s Sunniva Set. The elegance of the outfit, the delicate embroidery and the minimal jewellery, make this ensemble stand out.
Image source: Anita Dongre
Outfit by: Anita Dongre
2. Mouni Roy is giving all of us #MajorBridesmaidsGoals with her white and silver unconventional drapes. The turtle-neck blouse and the ruffles at the bottom of the saree make it an enviable pick!
Image source: Rishabh Kumar
Outfit: Ritika Mirchandani
3. Want to wear something chic and graceful for your wedding functions? This stunning white and gold Anarkali replete with threadwork and mukaish detailing, donned by Alia Bhatt is a stunner!
Image source: Punit Balana
4. Brides, if y’all are looking for something which screams opulence and grandiosity, then this is undoubtedly a perfect pick for you! Kaabia Grewal Shah flaunted an ethereal ivory lehenga for her wedding, paired with a tiara and contemporary jewellery.
Image source: Kaabia Grewal Shah
Outfit by: Shivan and Narresh
5. Mrunal Thakur stole the show in her latest venture, Batla House, in this pristine white saree, with 3D florals. The hand-embroidered outfit was a good blend of vintage and contemporary. Not to miss her dazzling chaandbalis!
P.S- Brides, this is something you could consider for your reception.
Image source and Outfit by: Kalki Fashion
6. Whether it is a lavish sangeet or an intimate engagement, you can wear this bling outfit at any wedding function. The ivory lehenga replete with embroidery and mirror-work, paired with a traditional paanch lada haar is a treat to the eyes!
Image source and Outfit by Abhinav Mishra
7. The young and effervescent Sara Ali Khan looked stunning in a white, crystal cascaded lehenga at the Indian Couture Week.
Image source: Gulshan Sachdeva
Outfit by: Falguni Shane Peacock India
Ladies, it is time to start flaunting stunning white outfits!