Navratri #Day6- Green Colour Inspiration for Brides
Green – the shade signifying nature, energy, freshness, growth, and harmony; has always occupied a predominant place in a bridal trousseau. The colour is often associated with happiness and fertility.
If you are wondering why I am writing about this colour, it is all because the nine-day fervour is just around the corner.
No extra points for guessing what I am talking about!
Yes, ladies, Navratri is almost here and I cannot Keep Calm! Apart from the excitement revolving around Garba nights and sumptuous delicacies, there is one thing that almost all the gals look forward to and that is dressing as per the nine colours of this festival.
On the sixth day of Navratri, devotees worship the Goddess Kushmanda. It is believed that observing a fast on this day can help cure pain and diseases.
In view of this, here’s a list of inspirational green ensembles for the brides-to-be:
1. This velvet green Unaisa lehenga from Anita Dongre’s Jaipur Love collection is a contemporary and elegant outfit which you could flaunt on your mehendi or ring ceremony.
Image source and Outfit by: Anita Dongre
Jewellery by: Anita Dongre Pinkcity
Hair and makeup by: Style by Susmita
2. This olive green edgy lehenga with a sexy blouse and a sheer embroidered dupatta is something you should definitely consider for your afternoon wedding function.
Image source: Errikos Andreou
Outfit by: Sabyasachi Mukherjee
3. A finely constructed peplum corset paired with a lehenga adorned with french knots and blooming flowers. Tahiliani’s signature tulle drape is a good alternative to a regular dupatta.
Image source: Rohit Chawla Photography
Outfit by: Tarun Tahiliani
4. This bride looks ethereal in a dark green saree replete with colourful floral motifs and a zari border, paired with a contrasting apricot blouse. If you want an outfit which is opulent and traditional, this is your pick!
Image source: Reels & Frames
5. I am swooning over this bottle green offbeat lehenga with turquoise blue and gold embellishments. The heavy and traditional borders, the minimal jewellery, and the fact that there there is no dupatta make it a perfect pick for millennials!
Image source: Brijaj Fashion
6. If you are scouting for some mehendi outfit inspiration, this is the one, ladies!
This bride wore a dark green gotta patti lehenga, paired with pink and lavender floral jewellery, and stole the show! Her short-length lehenga skirt and off-shoulder blouse were notable elements of her ensemble!
Image source: Sona Sachdeva Photography
7. The vivacious Rakulpreet Singh looks like a royal princess in this emerald green lehenga, laden with heavy embellishments. It establishes the bond between love and spirituality with the motifs of 32 gopis embroidered on the lehenga skirt. Not to miss the contrasting gold blouse!
Image source: Rahul Jhangiani
Outfit by: Shilp Gupta
Ladies, aren’t you madly in love with this oh-so-refreshing colour already?