The Geometric Saree Guide for Bold Brides
Vintage checks, stripes and squares have always been associated with power & masculinity. However, with the advent of unique and rebellious talent and innovation, representation and symbolism took a turn for the best and changed the gear to blend them with feminine folds and fabrics! Hence reinventing and redefining that which is lost in the translation of societal norms & definitions gave rise to the sprute of ‘geometric sarees’
If you’ve never considered embracing one as part of your couture, we suggest you do so now. From experimenting with colours, textures, fabrics and motifs, chequered and striped sarees today help you make a splendid statement of grit and grace. Check out these 8 marvels we’ve listed below to get you started:
1. There’s a stipe for every season! Drape this vibrant multi-coloured geometric creation that is perfect for any and every affair.
Image Source Teehara Collections
2. Amp up your idea of subtle semblance with this vibrant, no-frills and classic saree. With the right kind of accessories, this one is sure to light up the room and frames!
Image Source Raw Mango
3. This cinnamon and brick jari checkered linen saree is a treat to the eyes. Don this for an exalted vintage look with a timeless bindi!
Image Source Anvila
4. And you thought geometric sarees are too ‘serious’ for fun soirees? Think again. This easy-to-carry, pleasant couture lets you shine and groove away!
Image Source Mishru
5. You can also dazzle in a vibrant and contrast geometric print saree for your pre-wedding festivities. This one is sure to render you royal!
Image Source Payal Khandwala
6. This splendid cheques and flowers saree reflects a rich blend of grit and grace with its seemingly common representation of the masculine(cheques) and feminine (flowers)
Image Source House of Masaba
7. Give the regular printed sarees a run for their money with this stunning stripe creation! Notch up your look further with an offbeat blouse like this.
Image Source Sabyasachi Official
8. Drop the inhibitions and set your eyes on this beautiful chiffon rendition that proudly boasts of layered stripes, obliques and rose detail.
Here’s leaving you with enough inspo to don geometric prints in sass and style. Bookmark and keep this list handy for you to shop as you near the end of an extended lockdown.