According to ancient Indian philosophy and physiology, the human body consists of seven primary circular vortexes of energy called ‘chakras’. Maang tikkas were widely believed to adorn the sixth chakra called ‘Ajna’ which signifies the union between a man and woman on all levels. This fine jewellery sits on the seat of Ajna to symbolize the celebratory union and hence has a great deal of auspicious-value attached to it!
It will be safe to say that a bridal look is incomplete without the magical maang tikka. To help you get this integral part of your look just right, here is all the inspiration you need! From crafted kundan creations to studded pearl delights, there is much to appreciate in here for every kind of bride.
Here’s hoping you find that one special piece for you, just like you found the one special one for you 🙂 Get started now!
1. Add a sublime touch to your bridal look with this crafted kundan delight!
Image Source You By Poonam Kotecha
2. Get all dressed up for splendour in this gorgeous precious-stone maang tikka
Image Source Sunny Dhiman Photography
3. Bring on the wedding season with this intricate glowing pearls delight. How we love those lovely grain bouquets!
Image Source Zariin Jewelry
4. To make a solid statement on your big-day, this crafted elegant creation is all you need!
Image Source Kalyan Jewellers
5. We can’t stop swooning over this precious piece! Absolutely love the cute crescent tinges and the eclectic contrast.
Image Source Anaghaa Arts n Jewels
6. If ‘stunning’ had a personification, it would be this!
Image Source Priya Arts
7. This exquisite maang tikka is pure OTT Bride Goals!
Image Source Tanyakaur Makeup Artist
Bride Pardeep Dhillon
Image Source Inderkaur Makeup
Photographer Paran Singh Photography
Bride Bhavdeep Kaur
9. Complete your bridal look with this oversized ornamental maang tikka. We totally love the intricate work on this piece, every detail that is in there to dazzle!
Image Source Pallavi Narula Artistry
10. There is so much in this frame to appreciate. But our eyes are hooked to that exotic gem shining on the forehead!
Image Source Makeup By Shubhdeep Gill
11. When you love the idea of subtle, not understated, delicate, not dull, step out donning this pearl and emerald creation!
Image Source Tanyakaur Makeupartist
Bride Arshpreet Brar
Photographer Harleen Deol Photography
12. Bring on the magic of multi-coloured maang tikkas with this beautiful piece!
Image Source Mansi Creation
13. A fine radiant filigree addition is all you need to make it a memorable look!
Image Source Art Karat
14. Just put on your brightest smile on your big day. This cascading creation will take care of the look!
Image Source Snapsoul Stories
15. This tasteful trail of pearls has got us speechless! Flaunt this elegant maang tikka and let all just go ‘WOW’
Image Source Zariin Jewelry
So, ladies, we hope we’ve adequately left you spoilt for choices here! Tell us, which one’s got you by your breath? (and forehead too!)