Veere Di Wedding’s latest song ‘Laaj Sharam’ is something that every bride-to-be will relate to!
After a super-fun, interesting and quirky trailer and chartbuster songs, the makers of ‘Veere Di Wedding’ have a released their latest number – ‘Laaj Sharam’ which reflects on the beautiful friendship of the leading ladies. It is a fun track dedicated to all the brides-to-be and the nightmares of preparation they go through. 10 seconds into it, I can assure you, your eyes will be glued to it and you’ll relate to every moment with it.
– Wedding trousseau shopping with sasu-ma and staring up at men parading in bridal saris (if you’ve ever shopped for an Indian ethnic ensemble in the country, you’re no stranger to this terrible sight.)
– How one has to sit torturously smiling along as one’s in-laws hold decadent jewellery up to the bride-to-be’s forehead and ears.
– How she finds it hard to balance out the expectations of her future mother-in-law and her own idea of getting married.
– Having your BFF wrestle with another bride for a lehenga(Sonam Kapoor Ahuja), another burning up the dance floor with her hot pink flask(Swara Bhasker), while another one is serenading a mystery man! This is absolutely something I’ve witnessed at every other Indian wedding!
– All of the madness, but always having your girl gang by your side, especially at times like these.
– I totally love how they have shown the beauty of friendship and how your BFFs will get you out of any situation and be there for the bad ones too, making it more interesting.
Sung by Divya Kumar & Jasleen Royal and composed by White House, ‘Laaj Sharam’ is a fun number dedicated to all brides-to-be who wants to enjoy their wedding and not just abide by the customs and expectations of their families.
What are you waiting for? Give the number another listen:
P.S. My personal favourite bit is Sumeet Vyas in a pink frock! (Who would’ve thought he can kill in that too :P)!
P.P.S. Also how true is ‘Jab tu sajegi, sabki bajegi’!