Rytis & Smriti Kerala : Stunning Cross Cultural Wedding held at Ramada Plaza Beach Resort, Kochi
Cross-cultural love stories get our hearts swooning like no other. Where love is just plain love – It isn't bound by cultural, emotional or even religious barriers, just like Smriti and Rytis'! This "Lab Romance" began when Smriti joined the Genetics lab as a student worker and Rytis was a scientist. Sparks flew and this stunning couple was soon planning to seal their cross-cultural love in marriage at Ramada Plaza Beach Resort, Kochi.
During my Masters I worked as a Student Worker at the Genetics lab where Rytis Juras (Mr. Husband) worked as a Scientist. We instantly hit it off and found that we were so comfortable talking to each other. We found that we had a lot in common – similar tastes in music, TV shows, movies, traveling, food and even a shared love for biology. I would run back from class so we could eat lunch together. Since we both are breaking boundaries with our relationship, we thought race, religion and the age difference (he is 8.5 years older than I am) would be viewed as a problem by both our families. We both knew that we liked each other (the chemistry was very obvious and palpable) but I was very scared of how our relationship would be viewed by my family. We both actually professed our "love" to each other even before we started dating. LOL!!! We call it a "Lab Romance".
Their wedding was shot brilliantly by Coffee Stains photography, who captured beautiful candid moments, a romantic pre-wedding shoot on a boat to bring that authentic South-Indian feel and stunning images from their outdoor wedding ceremony.
- Photographer – Coffee Stains
- Mehndi Venue – Crowne Plaza, Kochi
- Vratham, Sangeet and Wedding Venue – Ramada Plaza Beach Resort, Kochi
- Wedding Planners – EvenTree Wedding Planners, Kochi
- Vratham – Saree from Nalli Silks, Delhi
- Mehendi – Emerald Green Skirt from Chicwish, USA and blouse from "Aakara" (Kochi)
- Sangeet Anarkali – Sahasra Couture
- Grooms Mehendi – Kurta and Chudidaar from Fab India, Kochi
- Sangeet – Sherwani from Pehanawa, Mumbai
- Wedding – Silk Dhoti from Nalli Silks, Chennai
- Cards – Vallavi Cards, Kochi
- Jewellery – Goodwill Collections at Kochi & Ancestral Jewellery
- Makeup Artist – Promita Banerjee of Rubywoo