12 Anarkali Suits to Embrace as Part of your Bridal Trousseau!
The adab (etiquette), andaaz (style) and hayat (existence) of an anarkali is reflective in its name itself. Metaphorical of the delicate bud of the pomegranate flower (anar ki kali) this style of attire was popularized by the Mughals throughout India and the Middle East and traces its roots back to Lahore in Pakistan. Some legends also opine that these suits attribute their name to the popular Mughal courtesan, Anarkali whose persona was full of grace, charm and grit and these garments today have come to represent just that!
The magical monsoon marriage season is here and if you’re looking to don something that does not require much heavy-lifting and yet makes a strong case for royal, the hunt stops right here! Besides, anarkali suits can also be on your list for the need of a ‘breathing space’ in between all the jazzed up lehengas and beauteous ball gowns (we love them too though!) As a young bride who’s still figuring her way with those exquisite yards, donning a resplendent anarkali at times can make life a lot easier for you!
It is time you embrace and allow these fine creations to embellish your look. Here is all the inspiration you need to get started. Toh aaghaz kiya jaaye! (Let the journey begin)
1. A well-fitting traditional anarkali is your best bet to commence your pre-wedding festivities. Be it a home-puja or a meaningful ritual rooted in your culture, this one will work wonders!
Image Source Mayyur Girotra Official
2. Celebrate the beauty of grace and femininity in this raw silk teal anarkali with shaded applique embroidery and mirror work. Keep the accessories minimal and let this stunner do all the talking.
Image Source Tarun Tahiliani
3.Using age old shisha embroidery in this pleasant sequined anarkali is a recipe for a rockstar! If subtle colours are on your mind but not subtlety entirely, this creation is all yours to keep.
Image Source Abhinav Mishra
4. Don this elegant couture that boasts of fine craftsmanship and intricate embroideries in gota patch, heritage motifs, and traditional zardozi for a simple yet classy silhouette. With an amalgamation of contrast shades and futuristic design, the outfit should be your absolute pick for an intimate get-together!
Image Source Kalki Fashion
5. This peach couture in floral trellises and dyed Croatian laces features meticulously embellished silver motifs to set you apart! Step out looking like a dream in this elegant attire.
Image Source Faiza Saqlain
6. If you swear by the colour of love and revolution, it’s time for you too, to stir things up by flaunting this deep red anarkali adorned with intricate golden prints!
Image Source Biba Fashion
7. This ethereal blush embroidered anarkali with yellow cambric churidaar and exquisitely crafted dupatta must be part of your bridal trousseau!
Image Source Anju Modi
8. The contemporary bride is all for balance. Wear this refreshing nude hued anarkali with butterfly details with flair and pride!
Image Source Falguni Shane Peacock
9. Make a vibrant impression this wedding season with this ethnic ensemble that celebrates classic prints in a zesty avatar!
Image Source Ritu Kumar
10. Classic silhouettes are timeless, just like this elegant tiered anarkali with dainty sequins. This one’s apt for that lovely meet and greet soiree!
Image Source Vvani By Vani Vats Official
11. Contemporary ethnic wear on your mind? Pick this twirl-friendly orange anarkali with embellishments and tiers for that fun mehendi festivity 🙂
Image Source Salian by Anushree
12. Planning your trousseau? Add this dreamy anarkali set with dainty embroidery and rich karigari for a delightful-dramatic look!
Image Source Nakul Sen
So ladies, we know it’s raining anarkalis in here and we’re totally loving it! Can’t wait to start scrolling back again? But before that, tell us your favourite ones now.