50 Latest Bridal Makeup tips and trends for Indian bride
If you ever sat down to read the diary of a bride, I bet the major part would be about her bridal look. A lot goes into the planning of Bridal Make Up. Amidst all the confusion and chaos you cannot afford to give the essentials a miss. So..here we are with the perfect makeup tips and beauty plan that you only need to execute and not create!
1) Play Safe: Wedding Makeup is of utter importance and one should even think of going experimental! If you wish to undergo a makeover like getting your hair smoothened, curly or coloring, think twice. The idea is not to look distinct but yourself, with a just a little bit of enhancements.
2) Effects of Nature: Climate plays an important role for you and you should definitely consider it before selecting the kind of makeup you are planning to get.
3) R & D: Research thoroughly about the makeup you have chosen, you must consider the sensitivity of our skin. If it is prone to acne and pimples, you can go for mineral makeup else Air Brush makeup is the most trending one and gives you a flawless look! Read here for the latest bridal makeup trends.
4) No Basic Instinct: You cannot just rely on your instinct and go ahead with the kind of makeup you had imagined. Instead a reality check is a must, you must rehearse the look before actually getting it done on the D-Day.
5) Locale: The venue location too must be considered before selecting the right kind of bridal makeup, if you are planning a wedding at a lawn make sure you moisturise well. Use of sunscreen is a must at a day time wedding, if not then it can be skipped.
6) Mood and Lighting: You must also consider the lights in mind, adding too much of shimmer under yellow lights can be disastrous while you can go an inch extra if you have white lights around.
7) Shimmy Shimmy: Your bridal makeup style should match your attires, for pastel lehenga shades you must keep away from smoky eyes and go for nudes and shimmers instead. So make sure you pack your makeup kit accordingly.
8) Dream Theme: Theme weddings are in and if you happen to plan one then your makeup kit should also have shades matching to the theme.
10) Who to Hire: It is important to know your makeup artist well and have a thorough research about his / her work. You must always ask for the snaps of their work before selecting them and see if they can give a trial as well.
11) Handy References: Keep references in hand. You might want to show a clear image of your imagination to the wedding makeup artist and hence having the reference snaps handy always works!
12) Time Management: Do not underestimate bridal makeup. A complete bridal makeup can take hours before the final touch. So you should plan your day accordingly. Most brides start early in the morning to make sure they are ready by the event timing.
13) Treat your skin well: There are special beauty treatments for brides that give an extra edge to your makeup on the special day. You can read more about summer skin care tips here.
14) Testing is important: The last thing you would want to have on your D day would be allergies. You must test the makeup products on your skin well in advance.
15) Health is wealth: Follow a makeup routine well in advance so that your skin is at its healthy best on the D-Day!
16) Beauty Sleep: Nothing helps your skin better than sleep. A good night’s sleep shows instantly on your face and to ensure a glowing skin you must take care about your skin routine.
17) Exercise and Accessorise: Believe it or not exercise does only good to your health which in turn shows on your face. Therefore, you must exercise not only to tone down but also look good!
18) You are what you eat: if you eat healthy it will help you skin in many ways. Not only does it help in having a glowing skin but it also helps your skin fight the chemicals
19) Skip the sun: One thing that the bride-to-be should follow religiously is applying a sunscreen or for best results one can simply avoid going out in the sun one week prior to the D-Day!
20) SPF factor: If you are planning a daytime wedding makeup, you must invest in a good sunscreen. For night wedding makeup, you can avoid the usage of sunscreen as it messes up with the shade of your foundation.
21) Cleansing: Cleansing is a must for fresh skin, and you must never sleep without a face wash.
22) Toning: Toners are a must after cleaning, it shrinks your pores that are wide open after cleansing. It will also help with an even finish and get rid of the excess oil due to open pores.
23) Moisturising: It has oodles of good effect on your skin and reduces the effect of ageing as well. It will help you get rid of those fine lines around the eyes, if any.
24) Brush strokes: For people who would want to take the matter in their own hands. They must start with cleaning their brushes well. While it is important for every session the bridal makeup is of high importance.
25) Know your stuff: You must know the brushes well. The right combination of makeup brushes gets half your job done.
26) Primer importance: When you start with bridal makeup, the first thing is the primer. A light primer is good to provide a base and make the make up last long.
27) Foundation: It is of key importance, it can make or break your wedding makeup. For your face you can choose a water based but for areas around the eyes use something that’s a bit creamy.
28) Concealing Game: Concealer too must not be overdone and the one that you plan to use around the eyes must have good moisture content to avoid cakey feel! Your concealing game should definitely be on point to get that perfect eye makeup!
29) Contour Art: Contouring is an art and to master this art you must spend some time practicing it, work on the T- zone area with outward brush strokes!
30) Blush and Smile: Blush gives you the ultimate edge and should be correctly used. Wear a constant smile, the apple of the cheek pops out and that’s where you need to work.
31) Eye shadow Primer: To ensure smudge free makeup use an eye shadow primer. It brings out the different shades of your shadow well!
32) Shimmer all the way: The eyeshadow is of primary importance for eye makeup. Shimmer is a must in a bridal makeup kit. Apply light shimmery shadow at the inner corner of your eyes. Darker shades can be used for smoky effects at the outer corner of the eyelids.
33) Eye Brow Power: Enhancing your eyebrows is a must, you can use eyebrow pencils or the eye brow brush to give it a shape.
34) Kajal is the thing: A word synonymous to beauty would be Kajal for me. No make up kit is complete without a kajal in it. Make sure you apply it dark on the D-day right from the inner corners to the area where the eye shadow starts.
35) Liner: It is the final addition and also an important one as it gives definition to your make up and adds to all the drama.
36) Mascara: It makes your eyes look wider and enhances your beauty. It must be applied last so that excess shadow and concealer is hidden under its coverage.
37) Eye lash curler: It is a definite thing on special occasions. Use it at while your mascara is still wet so that it takes a firm shape after curling.
38) Fake it! Fake Lashes are suggested for bridal make up as it gives a dense effect to your lashes!
39) Go water proof! To keep your safe after the bidaai, waterproof makeup (specially eye makeup) is the go-to option.
40) More Shimmer! You can never have enough of shimmer on your D-day. Use it to highlight the cheeks, the T – zone, along the eye brow line.
41) Lip Balms: You need to moisturise your lips well to avoid chappy effect, you are going to have layers on your lips so better prepare them with oodles of moisturising.
42) Lipstick: Choose a creamy based ones coz they last longer than the matte ones. You would want at least your lipstick to be on point for that picture-perfect snaps.
43) Shine on: Mattes are good for regular wear but on your wedding day a glossy touch is a must.
44) Line the lips: Lip liner will define your pout, if you have thin lips go for the outer edge of the li line for those who have fuller lips inner lining is just perfect to bring out the natural shape.
45) Hair Care: Along with the skin, the brides to be should also follow a hair care routine for your locks too need to look healthy and happy!
46) Hairstyling: Bridal hairstyle is critical, with your make up rehearsals you should also try out the hairstyle that has been suggested. If you are completely happy and look your natural self only then should you finalize. You can read about the trending bridal hairstyles here.
47) No stressing: Avoiding stress might be a bit out of control with all the wedding planning chaos but you can if comes in the way of your bridal beauty!
48) Touch’em up! Bridal makeup doesn’t end here you have to be ready for touch ups, carry the lipstick of similar shade, a kajal and a compact in your purse.
49) Oil Free: You must also carry oil absorbing sheets in your purse to remove sweat blots, we don’t like shiny foreheads until it is made to.
50) More is good: with the shutterbugs around and all the focus on you, looking simple is not done. You cannot keep it simple as the camera lights will fade the wedding makeup out. So go photogenic and add a bit extra for the sake of good wedding snaps!
Go ahead and start the preps! You can thank us later!!