The Ultimate Wedding Checklist Every Indian Bride Needs To Follow!
6 MONTHS TO GO
Start planning at least 6 months earlier as a wedding is no easy feat!
1. Choose a season and finalize the wedding date!
2. Discuss the wedding budget and settle on an approximate figure.
3. Do you want a destination wedding or a local one?
4. Keeping your budget in mind, list the pre and post-wedding events.
5. Do an approximate headcount for each of these events
6. Hire a wedding planner if needed.
7. If a loan is required, research loan options and apply for a loan.
8. Shortlist venues for each of your functions, keeping in mind capacity and budget.
9. Check out venues in person.
10. Research the wedding themes you may like.
11. Check out DIY ideas if you want to personalize them.
12. Go through invitation card designs and shortlist your favorites. OR come up with your own.
13. Research honeymoon destinations.
5 MONTHS TO GO
14. Book venues for all functions.
15. Make sure you read the agreement and are on board with everything.
16. Finalize the wedding invitation card along with the design and wording.
17. Order wedding invitation cards.
18. Look for preferred caterers.
19. Go for food tasting with shortlisted caterers.
20. Hire your favorite caterer.
21. Finalise menus/s for your functions.
22. Renew passports.
23. Research and decide entertainment ideas as per functions.
4 MONTHS TO GO
24. Make a detailed itinerary for each of the ceremonies along with the time and date.
25. Start sending out invitations.
26. Browse designs for wedding jewellery and approximate costs.
27. Go jewellery shopping for rings, mangalsutra, etc.
28. Research what kind of photography you want.
29. Research photographers online. Check out some of their work to get a sense of their quality and style.
30. Finalize Photographer.
31. Book accommodation and tickets for your honeymoon.
3 MONTHS TO GO
32. Decide a theme for décor.
33. Research decorators.
34. Shortlist decorators and go through their offered décor ideas.
35. Discuss with the decorator your choices.
36. Book a suitable decorator
37. Book an appointment with a beautician and discuss with them if you need any hair or beauty treatment.
38. Book an appointment with a fitness trainer to assess whether you want to lose or gain weight for the wedding.
39. Join a fitness program, if needed.
40. Explore wedding functions hair and makeup styles.
41. Discuss the outfit, location, and dates for the pre-wedding photoshoot. Keep an ideal date of 1 month prior to the wedding.
42. Also discuss with him the list of events for photography and other details.
43. Book all entertainers for all functions.
44. Browse through various Mehendi designs.
45. Research Mehendi artists.
46. Finalise and book your favorite Mehendi artist.
47. Check out outfits for weddings and other functions.
48. Start visiting bridal and groom’s wear stores.
49. Buy all your wedding outfits and accessories.
50. Research wedding favors.
51. Shop for honeymoon.
2 MONTHS TO GO
52. Join a dance lesson or hire a choreographer, if needed.
53. Book hotels to accommodate out-of-town guests.
54. Book transportation to and from venues.
55. Book a priest.
56. Confirm honeymoon reservations.
57. Decide return gifts and favors for each of our wedding functions.
58. Shop for wedding favors.
59. Book a Makeup artist for guests.
60. Go for a trial hair and make-up session.
61. Book Makeup artist.
1 MONTH TO GO
62. Finalise the menu and do a food tasting.
63. Make a list of things required for ceremonies, puja, and rituals and scatter the list among dependable family members.
64. Start taking your pre-wedding beauty packages and follow a healthy lifestyle.
65. Get your scheduled pre-wedding shoot done.
66. Go through cake designs.
67. Visit bakers and book a cake for your wedding.
68. Find Trousseau Packer and get trousseau packed.
69. Decide on the bride and groom entry ideas.
70. Get your final haircut and color.
71. Book security personal
72. Pack gifts and favors.
73. Discuss with DJ/band/musician and make a list of all songs to play at each event. Ex: Bride and groom entry, etc.
2 WEEKS TO GO
74. Reconfirm the presence and timing of vendors for their respective events.
75. Go through the timeline of ceremonies with your family and close guests.
76. Check the fit of your outfits in case there has been a size change.
77. Give outfits for steam ironing and get them ready.
78. Discuss with your photographer, and hand him the list of important moments to capture.
79. Finalize seating and decor arrangements.
80. Rehearse the dance.
81. Pack for the honeymoon
1 WEEK TO GO
82. Pick up rentals, if any.
83. Put together a few meds to avoid distress and also if you have any allergies. Pack a bag of necessities like perfume, blotting tissues, etc.
84. Give yourself a relaxing spa and massage.
THE WEDDING DAY
85. Sleep for 9 hours the night before.
86. Eat a good breakfast! Allow yourself plenty of time to get ready.
87. Put a smile on your face.
88. Get married!!
POST – WEDDING
89. Review and send a thank you note to all your vendors
90. Make sure you source pictures of every moment from your friends and fam. Just in case the photographer missed something.
91. Give all your outfits for cleaning and keep them in a safe place.
92. Take a spa or massage to relax through post-wedding exhaustion.
93. Leave for the honeymoon!